In this blog, I am going to cover what is the point of sale software and how you can select the best system, benefits and recommendations of POS systems for your business.
Let’s first begin with what exactly is POS or Point of Purchase?
What Exactly Is a POS System?
A point of sale system in a restaurant is designed to track customer purchases, inventory, pricing, labour costs and more. The restaurant POS system also processes credit card payments from customers.
In the past, all of these tasks were done manually, but today most restaurants use some type of point of sale software to automate these operations.
Whether you currently manage your business with pen and paper or are considering purchasing new technology for your restaurant, understand the benefits that come along with installing a POS Software System for Restaurants.
Finding and Choosing the Perfect POS Software Provider That Meets Your Needs & Budget
There are a few different things that you should consider when choosing the right POS provider in cities like Doha, al Khor, al Shamal and al Dayaan in Qatar.
- First, you will want to take note of their reputation. It is important that you find a company that is trustworthy and reliable so that they can manage your financials well.
- Next, it is important to find out what type of software the provider uses. The majority of them use cloud-based software, but some use traditional software depending on the type of business they are in.
- The third thing to consider is cost. You want a company which offers competitive pricing without sacrificing features or quality.
- Lastly, it’s important to think about your needs as a business
How ordering is different as per the type of restaurant
Every restaurant or business has a unique way of offering business. Depending upon your setup, you need to select the right ordering system.
Let me show you three main types of restaurant ordering processes, especially in Doha, Qatar.
- Take Away-Pickup
- A takeaway restaurant, also called a takeaway, curbside service, or carryout restaurant is a restaurant that offers a limited menu of items to customers who order in advance and usually pick up their food themselves
- Dine-in is a restaurant concept that emerged in the early 2000s. This concept of the restaurant is more of a “sit down” type of restaurant where customers have to make their order when they walk in, just like the fast-food restaurants.
- These restaurants usually offer only limited or no takeaway or catering options and provide an experience tailored for families and adults who prefer a social atmosphere.
- Over here, restaurants provide food delivery service to their customers by having their own drivers or ordering through third-party delivery service providers. This way, the restaurant can reach more customers who are not staying in their area.
Benefits of Point of Sale System for Restaurants
A point of sale system is a tool that helps restaurants keep track of their inventory. With proper maintenance, the system can help restaurants save up to 15% of their revenue.
The first step to the implementation is that it requires business owners to choose the right system in Qatar. They need to find out what functionalities they need and what they are willing to pay for.
A good point of sale system should be able to manage inventory, track customer loyalty, and integrate with other third-party software like point of sale and email marketing tools.
Some restaurant owners use custom-built Point of Sale systems from scratch. Others prefer using off-the-shelf packages that are quite comprehensive and straightforward in terms of set-up for small business owners on a tight budget or those who don’t have time for long days at work.
The benefits of POS systems for restaurants include:
– Better customer service
– More accurate orders
– Secure systems
– Improved inventory management
Some of the popular POS features for restaurants are:
- Menu customization and personalized specials: Some point of sale systems even allow the customer to order food on their own. This feature is mostly used by fast-food restaurants, sandwich shops and other places where customers order quickly and want to customize their meal.
- Tablet ordering: This service has been gaining traction in recent years as more restaurants transition their software system to tablet-based interfaces. Again, this is a popular option for fast-food establishments where customers tend to order quickly.
- Service notification: When there are wait times, some point of sale systems will notify diners when they place an order so they can make alternate plans or choose another table at the restaurant that is ready for orders.
With more than 250+ satisfied clients across the country, we have expertise in providing solutions for the hospitality industry as well as GIS ( Geographic Information System) to customers in the Middle east.
Contact us today for a Free Consultation to help you with your business need.
You can also check out our other blog on 7 Factors on Choosing a Point of Sale System for your Business in Qatar to learn more.